Cascade Dafo has a digital manufacturing process to complement our traditional manufacturing methods. Rather than shipping a cast to us, practitioners also have the option to scan and send us digital files.
Please download and read our Digital Scanning Guidelines document prior to sending in scans.
Preferred scan method:
Scan the Plaster Positive
Cast the foot, fill the cast with plaster, and scan the plaster positive.
Even though there is an additional time commitment to fill and strip the cast, this preferred method provides the best possible image.
Do not modify the plaster positive.
Do not scan the outside of the cast.
Accepted file formats:
File sizes between 100KB and 90,000 KB.
When saving the scan file, ensure the units are in millimeters.
Casting the patient
- Creating a cast that accurately captures the desired alignment, shape and volume of your patient’s foot and lower leg is critical.
Scanning the plaster positive
- Follow the manufacturer's recommendations when using your scanner, including regular maintenance and recalibration.
- Do not alter the plaster positive before scanning, simply remove the casting material.
Processing your scan before sending the file
- Do not digitally modify/smooth the image. Instead, provide us with detailed instructions on your order form.
- Remove any interference or unnecessary data.
- Verify the accuracy of your scan before sending. Check your manual measurements against the scan measurements to ensure they're within the 2mm tolerance. If not, re-scan.
- Retain your original shape until we have reviewed your file and entered your order into our production system. You will receive a confirmation email when completed.
Please remember: The best way to ensure a proper fit for your patient is to create a good scan (and cast).
How to send us your files
- Have the following information ready:
- Go to www.cascadescans.com.
- Fill in the fields as needed with the patient information and digital files.
- Click "Upload" when finished.
- If everything uploads correctly, you will see a confirmation message appear on your web browser. You will also receive a confirmation email.
- Once we receive your files, we will review everything and make sure there are no errors. When we've okay'd the order, you will receive an email with this confirmation and an estimated ship date.
If you haven't previously sent us digital scans, you'll need to create a Cascade Scans account. Click "Create a Cascade Scans Account" and complete your account set-up by entering your information. Or, if you already have a Cascade Scans account, simply log-in with your email address and password.
Your files will be digitally stored for any needed future reference.
- The scanner you are using should have a tolerance level of +/-2mm or less.
- Follow the manufacturer's recommendations for setup, use, care and maintenance including regular calibration.
- The best resource for information about scanning equipment is directly from the manufacturer for this rapidly evolving technology.
- Please note: The ipad scanners currently on the market do not meet our criteria for incoming scan tolerance of +/-2mm when used at the distance required for scanning AFOs.
If you have any questions or are having problems uploading your files, contact our Technical Support team:
800.848.7332 | int'l: + 00 1 360 543 9306
Benefits of Digital Scanning
Significantly reduced turnaround time
Same excellent Cascade quality and Full (90-day) Warranty
No cost for shipping casts to Cascade Dafo
Digital files are stored electronically