DAFO 4.5 Softy
PF resist, DF assist, no dorsal wrap, Softy Liner
Browse the DAFO 4.5 Softy in the Cascade Library
- Custom fabricated from cast
- Fully integrated padding
- Posterior upright
- assists ankle during swing phase
- Mild spring action
- of proximal posterior provides more consistent toe pick-up
- Defined plantar surface contours
- Assists ankle position during swing phase
- Softy Liner
- made of foam provides more comfortable control of feet that are difficult align or have sensitive boney prominences
- Other liner materials are available
- including Polyethylene, Co-poly, and OP Flex.
- For patients who exhibit weal dorsiflexion but have adequate foot position.
- For patients who lack consistency in ankle control due to weakness or poor proprioception (not because of high tone).
- For patients who show fair to poor control, especially in swing phase.
- For patients who have fairly good foot alignment when corrected.
- For patients who desire minimum possible AFO for assistance rather than wraparound control and can function fairly well with no external support.
- For patients who require extra padding for feet with sensitive boney prominences.