Are you a star caster?
March 22, 2019
We see a lot of casts here at Cascade Dafo, and not all of them are created equal.
Since a good cast is the foundation of a great brace—and a successful outcome for the patient—we’re on a mission to promote awesome casting!
Are you a star caster? Take our quiz and find out:
1. Do you cast your patients in their best position of function?
2. Do your casts have a smooth, even wrap with little distortion?
3. Are the foot and ankle contours well defined?
4. Are the ankle, hindfoot, and forefoot alignment at or close to the desired alignment of the finished brace?
If you answered YES to all four questions, you may already be a star caster. But if you’re a little wobbly on one or two, we can help. Here’s how:
- Read our 2-page Casting for DAFOs Guidelines.
- Watch our 5-minute Casting for DAFOs how-to video.
- Take our free 1-hour online Casting & Scanning for DAFOs course (bonus: earn CE credits from ABC!).
You'll find all these resources on our new web page dedicated entirely to casting. This small investment in time will really pay off when you receive DAFOs that fit your patients right out of the box.