PF block, DF free
Browse the DAFO 3 in the Cascade Library
- Custom-fabricated from cast or scan -- no plaster casts
- Fully integrated padding
- Proximal posterior
- blocks plantarflexion, allows free dorsiflexion, and provides additional medial/lateral stability
- Full wrap-around shell
- for flexible control of foot position and alignment
- Defined plantar surface contours
- For patients who are younger/smaller.
- For patients who have strong patterns of pronation or supination.
- For patients who have excessive plantarflexion; very little voluntary control of the ankle, consistent toe walking.
- For patients who have strong hyperextension of the knee.
This lighter weight brace should NOT be used to control excess dorsiflexion in a crouching patient.