DAFO 3 Softy
PF block, DF free, Softy liner
Browse the DAFO 3 Softy in the Cascade Library
- Custom fabricated from cast
- Softy Liner
- made of foam provides more comfortable control of feet that are difficult to align or have sensitive boney prominences
- Proximal posterior
- blocks plantarflexion, allows free dorsiflexion, and provides additional medial/lateral stability
- Full wrap-around shell
- for flexible control of foot position and alignment
- Defined plantar surface contours
- Other liner materials are available
- including Polyethylene, Co-poly, and OP Flex
- For patients who are younger/smaller (generally under age 9).
- For patients who have excess plantarflexion, very little voluntary control of the ankle, and exhibit consistent toe walking.
- For patients who have excessive pronation or supination.
- For patients who require a proximal upright in order to control consistent hyperextension of the knee.
- For patients who have difficult-to-correct feet and/or sensitive boney prominences.
- For patients who would benefit from a two-step donning routine: liner is used to control foot position before easing into outer frame.
This lighter weight brace should NOT be used to control excess dorsiflexion in a crouching patient.