PF resist, DF resist
Browse the DAFO 3.5 in the Cascade Library
- Custom-fabricated from cast or scan -- no plaster casts
- Fully integrated padding
- Strap variations
- include elastic or solid hook-and-loop fastener
- Proximal posterior
- provides "leaf-spring" like resistance to ankle plantarflexion and dorsiflexion
- Strut variations
- include very flexible, moderately flexible, and semi-rigid
- Full wraparound shell
- for flexible control of foot position and alignment
- Defined plantar surface contours
- For patients who have excessive pronation or supination.
- For patients who have excessive plantarflexion or dorsiflexion.
- For patients who have knee hyperextension.
- For patients who have some voluntary control that is very useful and can use that control to increase overall function.
- For patients who need more medial/lateral stability than possible in the DAFO 3 or DAFO 4.
- For patients who need assistance in managing knee position in flexion and/or extension.
- For patients who need a resting splint.
Choose the very flexible strut option when using the DAFO 3.5 to address Strong High Tone Pronation/Supination or Moderate Swing Phase Inconsistency; when minimal sagittal plane control is desired.
Choose the semi-rigid strut option when using the DAFO 3.5 to address Strong Swing Phase Inconsistency or Moderate Excess Dorsiflexion; when more control in the sagittal plane is desired.