DAFO 3.5 Softy
PF resist, DF resist, Softy Liner
Browse the DAFO 3.5 Softy in the Cascade Library
- Custom-fabricated from cast or scan -- no plaster casts
- Strap variations
- include elastic or solid hook-and-loop fastener
- Proximal posterior
- provides "leaf-spring" like resistance to ankle plantarflexion and dorsiflexion
- Strut variations
- include very flexible, moderately flexible, and semi-rigid
- Softy Liner
- made of foam provides more comfortable control of feet that are difficult to align or have sensitive boney prominences
- Full wrap-around shell
- for flexible control of foot position and alignment
- Defined plantar surface contours
- Other liner materials are available
- including Polyethylene, Co-poly, and OP Flex
- For patients who have excessive pronation or supination.
- For patients who have excessive plantarfelxion or dorsiflexion.
- For patients who have knee hyperextension.
- For patients who have some voluntary control that is very useful and can use that control to increase overall function.
- For patients who need more medial/lateral stability than possible in the DAFO 4 or DAFO 3.
- For patients who need assistance in managing knee position in flexion and/or extension.
- For patients who need a resting splint.