DF block, PF block
Browse the DAFO Turbo in the Cascade Library
- Custom fabricated from cast
- Defined plantar surface contours
- Full wrap-around inner shell
- for control of foot position and alignment
- Fully integrated padding
- Extremely durable brace
- for larger patients
- Stiff posterior of outer frame
- provides strength and stability, blocking plantarflexion and dorsiflexion
- Presents with moderate to strong excess dorsiflexion/crouching caused by weakness (rather than high tone contractures).
- Crouched stance can be improved by manually extending the knee.
- Have sufficient hip, knee, and ankle range to allow correction to the targeted position.
- Weight and size due to maturity have exceeded the patient's strength; ambulation is decreasing.