Excess plantarflexion control
For patients who bear weight primarily on their forefoot with absent or limited heel strike during gait.
Improves control of heel pistoning and helps to manage range/position issues.
- Gives the patient full heel contact with floor when braced in a plantarflexed position.
- Small amounts can help fine-tune a DAFO for knee hyperextension.
- We can fabricate DAFOs based on R1/R2 high tone brace planning concepts. Contact Customer Support for more information.
Request in Special Instructions section of order form (e.g., “Add heel-to-met head wedge to 3° DF”). Add note in the Bottom Stabilization section to “see Special Instructions” with “Both” box checked (heel and midfoot) within that section.
- This wedge has a smaller point of contact than the longer heel wedge.
- Can be increased with additional self-stick layers or sanded down to fine-tune function.
- Maximum height is 9.5 mm.
Request in Special Instructions section of order form (e.g., “Add 1/8" heel-only wedge.”). Add note in the Bottom Stabilization section to “see Special Instructions” with “Heel” box checked within that section. You can request the wedge as a separate piece, not attached to the brace.
Adjustable PF posterior stop options
Request in Special Instructions section of order form (e.g., “Becker 795 motion limiter”). Additional charge.
– Becker 795 motion limiter
- Becker 795 motion limiter provides a variable plantarflexion stop with a dampening effect for articulating orthoses.
- Default adjustable plantarflexion stop for the DAFO 2.
- Can also be used on the DAFO Tami2 and DAFO TurboH.
– Ottobock Posterior Stop
- SNAP-stop brand.
- To adjust, snap the stop you select into place.
- Best used in thicker plastic designs, such as TurboH and TurboH Softy.
– Elite Posterior Stop
- Default adjustable plantarflexion stop for the DAFO Tami2.
- Can be adjusted through a set screw to limit PF to the chosen point.
- Can also be used on the DAFO 2 and DAFO TurboH.
– TC Stop
- Optional plantarflexion stop device, can be used to create a solid AFO initially, cut to use as a PF stop bumper later.
– Becker 655 Stop
- Provides four dorsiflexion stop positions.
- Plantarflexion stop joint is adjustable to any position along the track.
Adjustable ankle control joint
- Choose from FC2, Becker 725M, or Camber Axis ankle joints.
- Allows the clinician to set the PF or DF limits.
- Available in the DAFO Tami2 and DAFO TurboH free ankle brace designs with inner liner.
Request in Special Instructions section of order form (e.g., “Replace hinges with FC2”). Additional charge.
Heel contol pad
- Crescent-shaped contour added above the heel to help prevent heel rise in strong PF.
Request in Special Instructions section of order form (e.g., “Add heel control pad”).
Super heel seating strap
- An instep strap that helps ensure proper placement of the heel within an AFO brace.
- Provides additional plantarflexion block and heel control.
- Available on one- or two-piece brace designs.
Request in Special Instructions section of order form (e.g., “Add super heel seating strap”).
Removable stretching straps
- Adjustable straps added to a DAFO 2 or DAFO Tami2 to maintain/increase DF range.
- Attach stretching straps at night; remove for day use.
- Imitates function of the DAFO 9 Softy.
Request in Special Instructions section of order form (e.g., “Add removable night-stretching straps”). Can also be requested as an adjustment after ordering.