Increasing medial/lateral stability
For patients who need more medial/lateral (M/L) stability.
- Adds squared-off surface area for increased stability at the heel.
Request in Bottom Stabilization section of order form.
- Elastic strap wraps around “ears” of SMO designs (DAFO 4, shown, or JumpStart Bunny).
- Adds frontal plane stability and very mild sagittal plane stability.
- Can be used in conjunction with a shim pad on the inside of the ear. (See Lateral shim pad and Supination-control instep pad for more information.)
Select both “Anterior “ and “Posterior” straps on DAFO 4 order form.
Free ankle articulation
- The proximal section of the brace provides M/L support.
- Patient has free access to both DF and PF.
- An option for the DAFO 2 or DAFO Tami2.
Request “No Plantarflexion Stop” in the Special Instructions section of the DAFO 2 order form. For the DAFO Tami2, select “Free Ankle” in the Posterior Ankle Trimline section.