For patients with a valgus (everted) heel, collapsed arch, and abducted forefoot.
Applies to most DAFO designs and patient groups where pronation correction is part of the bracing plan.
- Sustentaculum tali support to help prevent heel eversion.
- ST support pad added to inside of a DAFO.
- Pictured: ST Support pad is placed inside DAFO brace.
Request in Special Instructions section of order form (e.g., “Add ST support pad”).
Soft lateral toe containment
- Comfortable control of forefoot abduction.
- Preserves flexibility of toe shelf for easy walking.
Request in Toe Shelf section of order form.
Toe abduction strap
- Controls forefoot abduction or hallux valgus by repositioning 1st toe toward the medial side.
- Comes attached to toe rise pad. Adjust at time of fitting.
- To improve compliance, use split-toe socks.
Request in Straps section of order form. Can also be requested after ordering.
Midfoot stabilization (arch fill)
- Adds mild resistance against DAFO rolling inside shoe.
- Use to increase surface contact for support to arch and midfoot.
Request in Bottom Stabilization section of order form.
Pronation control instep strap
- Helps to reposition the midfoot and aids in preventing heel eversion.
- Threads through slot on medial side to pull foot toward midline, maintaining neutral heel position.
Request in Special Instructions section of order form (e.g., “Pronation-control instep strap”).
Varus forefoot posting
- Stabilizes forefoot in a varus position.
- Helps to position foot away from over pronation.
- Preferred if varus position is planned and captured during casting.
- Typically 3-6 mm. thick—specify exact height needed.
Request in Cast Correction: Forefoot Alignment section of order form.
Lateral shim pad in DAFO 4
- Resists rolling of the brace medially by stabilizing the brace against side of leg above lateral malleolus.
- Tapered foam wedge (6 mm thick).
- Works best in combination with forefoot posting and heel stabilization.
Request in Special Instructions section of order form (e.g., “Add foam shim to lateral ear”). Can also be requested after ordering.
Full-length medial wedge
- Tips entire brace toward lateral side during weight bearing.
- Specify height of thickest side of wedge.
- Typically 3-5 mm thick.
Request “(specify thickness) medial wedge” in Special Instructions section of order form. Add note in the Bottom Stabilization section to “see special instructions” with no boxes checked within that section.
Pronation control pad
- Foam support pad that fills ST and medial longitudinal arch areas of the foot inside the brace.
- Installed after brace is formed, so boosts the support of the arch beyond the shape formed by the brace.
- Can request added instep build-up if brace volume is a concern.
- Can also be sent to apply at the fitting.
- Pictured: Position of pad in relation to foot (pad applied to brace shelf).
Request in Special Instructions section of order form (e.g., “Add pronation control pad”).