For patients with a varus (inverted) heel, high arch, and adducted forefoot.
Applies to most DAFO designs and patient groups where supination is part of the bracing plan.
Supination control instep strap
- Helps to reposition the midfoot and aids in preventing heel inversion.
- Threads through slot on lateral side to pull foot towards midline, maintaining neutral heel position.
Request in Special Instructions section of order form (e.g., “Supination control instep strap”).
Full-length lateral wedge
- Tips entire brace toward medial side during weight bearing.
- Specify height of thickest side of wedge.
- Typically 3-5 mm thick.
Request “(specify thickness) lateral wedge” in Special Instructions section of order form. Add note in the Bottom Stabilization section to “see special instructions” with no boxes checked within that section.
Valgus forefoot posting
- Stabilizes forefoot in a valgus position.
- Helps to position foot away from the lateral side and supination.
- Preferred if valgus position is planned and captured during casting.
- Typically 3-6 mm thick—specify exact height needed.
Request in Cast Correction: Forefoot Alignment section of order form.
Medial shim pad in DAFO 4
- Resists rolling of the brace laterally by stabilizing the brace against the leg above the medial malleolus.
- Tapered foam wedge (6 mm thick).
- Works best in combination with forefoot posting and heel stabilization.
Request in Special Instructions section of order form (e.g., “Add foam shim to medial ear”). Can also be requested after ordering.
Toe adduction strap
- Controls forefoot adduction by pulling toes 2–5 toward lateral side.
- Comes attached to toe rise pad. Adjust at time of fitting.
- To improve compliance, use split-toe socks.
Request in Special Instructions section of order form (e.g., “Add toe adduction strap”). Can also be requested after ordering.
Soft medial toe containment
- Comfortable control of forefoot adduction.
- Preserves flexibility of toe shelf.
Request in Toe Shelf section of order form.