For smaller patients fixed ankle, PF block, DF block
Browse the DAFO FA in the Cascade Library
- Custom-fabricated from cast or scan -- no plaster casts
- Defined plantar surface contours
- Full wrap-around shell
- for flexible control of foot position and alignment
- Fully integrated padding
- Proximal component blocks plantarflexion and dorsiflexion
- Despite overall high tone, lacks consistent plantarflexion strength and collapses into crouched and severely-pronated stance (often rocker-bottomed).
- Crouched stance can be improved by manually extending the knee.
- Lower weight and smaller size do not warrant the complexity of the DAFO Turbo two-part brace.